Community and Student Engagement
The provisions in TEC §39.0545 of House Bill 5 require school districts to evaluate each campus and the district for Community and Student Engagement. There are nine (9) factors to be to be reviewed:
- Fine Arts, Wellness & PE,
- 21st Century Workforce Development
- Second Language Acquisition
- Digital Learning Environment
- Dropout Prevention
- Gifted and Talented Programs
- Community and Parent Involvement, and
- District and Campus Compliance.
The community and student engagement ratings must be made available publicly each year, with the first submission to the Texas Education Agency (TEA) by August 8, 2014.