Sheldon ISD Education Foundation
The Sheldon ISD Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, tax-exempt organization dedicated to enhancing the quality of education in Sheldon ISD. The foundation is made up of community leaders and businesses that serve as the Board of Directors who work to:
- Identify, support, and reward innovations that promote educational excellence
- Inspire collaboration among Sheldon ISD parents, local businesses, and the community toward providing continuing excellence in education
- Provide financial support for Sheldon ISD that falls outside the scope of the school district's normal operating budget and tax dollars
- Encourage and empower Sheldon ISD students toward higher academic achievement and leadership opportunities
- Recognize staff for exemplary teaching
Private donations to the foundation benefit students and teachers by supporting activities not funded by tax dollars through the innovative teaching grant application process. Grant recipients are chosen carefully by our voluntary board of directors and community partners on an anonymous basis. Annually, Sheldon ISD educators are awarded Innovative Teaching Grants at the end of each school year.