The aim of the Sheldon ISD STEM program is to provide an engaging, rigorous STEM learning experience that develops a student’s ability to answer complex questions, investigate global issues, and develop solutions to challenging, real-world problems.
The Sheldon ISD STEM Academy proudly announces the transition from the Texas Education Agency designation T-STEM to a new state designation for grades 9 - 12, Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH). The new P-Tech designation will continue to provide students the opportunity to earn college credit and receive industry certifications at no cost. In partnership with San Jacinto Community College, students have the potential to earn 60+ college credit hours and/or an Associate's Degree towards a STEM-related associate degree.
- Rigorous STEM courses prepare students for college coursework.
- STEM prepares students for a highly technical 21st Century workforce.
- Approximately 7,000 STEM jobs were unfilled in 2016
- STEM jobs are increasing at a faster rate than non-STEM jobs
- STEM career wages are, on average, nearly double the national average wage for non-STEM careers.
The Sheldon ISD STEM Experience
The Sheldon STEM Academy thrives on a high-quality STEM culture in which students have the ability to strengthen and utilize creativity, manage time and resources, demonstrate a growth mindset, and develop GRIT! Our unique STEM experience produces 21st-century learners who are confident critical thinkers that can effectively communicate and collaborate to innovate the future of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Students in the Sheldon ISD STEM program will....
- Build confidence
- Think critically
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Solve problems
- Collaborate with others
- Strengthen and utilize creativity
- Manage time and resources
- Demonstrate a growth mindset
- Develop GRIT!