2020- 2021 T-STEM Academy Application & Lottery Process
- The T-STEM Academy will exist in grades 6 - 11 for the 2020 - 2021 school year.
- Existing T-STEM Academy students move up to the T-STEM Academy in the next grade level; there is no need to re-apply.
- In grades 6 - 8, there are up to 60 seats per grade level in the middle school STEM Academy.
- In high school, up to 120 students per grade level will make up the T-STEM Academy.
- Information will be provided to current 5th grade students and families in February of 2020 regarding the program and application process.
Grade Specific Information for the 2020 - 2021 School Year
Incoming 7th, 8th, 10th, and 11th Grades: No new students accepted at this time.
Incoming 9th Grade: After course selection takes place for all current 8th graders, the T-STEM Academy will determine if there are seats available in next year's 9th grade cohort. If seats are available, students will be notified and applications will be made available in February of 2020.
Incoming 6th Grade: Students will receive information about the T-STEM Academy when the middle school counselors visit the campuses in February of 2020. Applications will be made available on each elementary campus and will be due on February 28th to elementary counselors. Every student who applies will receive a letter in the mail stating whether the student was selected in the lottery or placed on the waiting list. Letters will be mailed home the week of March 23rd.