2019- 2020 STEM Academy Application & Lottery Process
- The STEM Academy will exist in grades 6 - 10 for the 2019 - 20 school year.
- Existing STEM Academy students move up to the STEM Academy in the next grade level; there is no need to re-apply.
- In grades 6 - 8, up to 60 students per grade level will be accepted into the STEM Academy.
- In high school, up to 120 students per grade level will make up the STEM Academy.
- STEM Academy students from all grade levels are selected by a lottery process, and a notification letter will be sent to all students who applied during the week of March 8th, 2019. Update: Notification letters will be mailed home by March 22nd, 2019.
Grade Specific Information for the 2019 - 2020 School Year
Incoming 10th Grade: No new students added to the STEM Academy at this time.
Incoming 9th Grade: All existing 8th grade STEM students automatically move up to the KHS STEM Academy unless they are accepted into another program. Any current 8th grade student that is not in the STEM Academy may apply to be in the STEM Academy in the 9th grade using the joint STEM/ECHS application that is provided at each middle school. All 8th grade applications are due no later than February 8th.
Incoming 8th Grade: No new students added to the STEM Academy at this time.
Incoming 7th Grade: Informational sessions for students will take place during the school day in early February. Applications will be made available on campus beginning February 11th and will be due no later than February 22nd.
Incoming 6th Grade: Students will receive information about the STEM Academy when the middle school counselors visit the campuses in February. Parent information and applications will be made available on each campus during the week of February 18th and will be due no later than March 1st.