ESSER Grant Information
Districts and open-enrollment charter schools in Texas may apply to receive money under the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act through the Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER) Fund. School systems should use these new funds to respond to the pandemic and to address student learning loss resulting from COVID-19. This is a public notification that the Sheldon Independent School District will apply for the 2020-2023 ARP ESSER III Federal Program funds.
The intent and purpose of ARP of 2021, ESSER III funding is to help safely reopen and sustain the safe operation of schools and address the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on students.
ESSER III funds may be used in five ways to address COVID learning loss:
- Support for Teachers - teacher training, Reading Academies, tutors, reduced class sizes, small group instruction, mental health and behavioral support
- Rigorous Instructional Materials – technology and instructional materials to address COVID learning loss
- More Time – extended instructional time (before/after school, Saturday, summer)
- Empower Parents – mental health and behavioral support; social workers, at-risk coordinator, counseling services, wrap-around and community partnerships
- Other Supports – Facilities: ventilation, HVAC systems, cleaning, technology devices, digital tools, learning management systems
The district engaged in meaningful consultation with all stakeholders providing an opportunity for input in the development of its plan for the uses of ARP ESSER III funds. Click here to review information about the survey. Click here for survey in Spanish.
As a result, Sheldon ISD developed a comprehensive plan to address the impact of the COVID pandemic and disruptions leading to learning loss.
The plan will be reviewed and, as appropriate, revised every six months until September 30, 2023, when the grant period ends.
Click here to review plan details each six months as reviewed.
If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Brenda Dearmon, Assistant Superintendent of Administrative Services at [email protected] or 281-727-2096.
*To translate this in another language, please click the drop down menu in top right corner to select your language preference.
Click here to review the Safe Return to In-Person Instruction Plan from June 2023 in English and Spanish.
Click here to review the Safe Return to In-Person Instruction Plan from November 2022
Click here to review the Safe Return to In-Person Instruction Plan from October 2021 (English). In Spanish
Click here to review the Safe Return to In-Person Instruction Plan from September 2020. In Spanish
*Safe Return to School - updated December 2021; provides communication about COVID-19 health related updates to families and community.
Use of Funds