Sheldon ISD's finances are under the watchful eye of Chief Financial Officer, Abraham George , who has been in this position for 16 years and with the district 22 years. Holding a BA in Commerce and Accounting, Mr. George completed his CPA in 1993 and was previously with M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. On a day-to-day basis, he oversees the financial operations of the district as a whole along with supervising accounting, payroll, data processing, tax office, purchasing, Child Nutrition, and warehouse departments.
"I make sure every penny collected by the District is accounted for and every payment is properly authorized."
Departments under Mr. George's accountability are:
- Accounting under District Accountant, Laura Piazza
- Purchasing under Purchasing Agent, Frank George
- Payroll under Supervisor, Cindy Langdon
- Tax Office
- Child Nutrition under Director, Monica Tomas
- Warehouse under Supervisor, Robert Lopez