Sheldon ISD's finances are under the watchful eye of Chief Financial Officer, Abraham George , who has been in this position for 19 years and with the district 24 years. Holding a BA in Commerce and Accounting, Mr. George completed his CPA in 1993 and was previously with M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. On a day-to-day basis, he oversees the financial operations of the district as a whole along with supervising accounting, payroll, data processing, tax office, purchasing, Child Nutrition, and warehouse departments.
"I make sure every penny collected by the District is accounted for and every payment is properly authorized."
Departments under Mr. George's accountability are:
- Accounting under Business Manager, Laura Piazza
- Finance Assistant, Tammy Gibson
- Purchasing under Purchasing Agent, Gracie Martinez
- Payroll under Supervisor, April Howard
- Tax Office
- Child Nutrition under Director, Robert Green
- Warehouse under Supervisor, Alfred Willis