Child Nutrition » Civil Rights Complaints

Civil Rights Complaints

Sheldon ISD Child Nutrition Complaint Procedures

Sheldon ISD participates in United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition programs. Complaints may be completed if you believe you have been subjected to discrimination in any United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) program or activity and you wish to file a complaint of discrimination. All complaints are forwarded to the Texas Department of Agriculture.

  1. Use the link below to file a complaint with Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) website. The complaint form is provided in a Bilingual format. For assistance with the complaint process, or if you do not have access to an electronic device to submit your complaint, please call us TDA at (833) 862-7499 and someone will assist.
  2. Use the link below to file a complaint with USDA Food And Nutrition Service website. The compliant forms are currently in English and Spanish. For assistance with the compliant process, or if they do not have access to an electronic device, please call Toll-free: (866) 632-9992.
  3. To file a complaint in-person regarding discrimination of any Child Nutrition Programs, please visit:
    • Sheldon ISD Child Nutrition Office, 13011 Garrett Road Houston, TX 77044
    • Sheldon ISD Administration Building 11411 CE King Parkway, Houston TX 77044
    • Sheldon ISD Cafeterias throughout Sheldon ISD
The Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act requires the information on this application. You do not have to give the information, but if you do not, we cannot approve your child for free or reduced price meals. You must include the last four digits of the social security number of the adult household member who signs the application. The last four digits of the social security number is not required when you apply on behalf of a foster child or you list a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) case number or other FDPIR identifier for your child or when you indicate that the adult household member signing the application does not have a social security number. We will use your information to determine if your child is eligible for free or reduced price meals, and for administration and enforcement of the lunch and breakfast programs. We MAY share your eligibility information with education, health, and nutrition programs to help them evaluate, fund, or determine benefits for their programs, auditors for program reviews, and law enforcement officials to help them look into violations of program rules.

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity. Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800)

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:
(1) mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
(2) fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
(3) email:
[email protected]. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.