What is GEAR UP?
GEAR UP is all about helping students in Texas get ready to be successful in college and BEYOND!
Sheldon ISD is one of six districts to be awarded The Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs (GEAR UP) state grant, a seven-year federal initiative designed to increase early college awareness, readiness, and success for low-income and historically underrepresented students. The grant follows a cohort of students from 7th grade through their first year of post-secondary education. Nationally, GEAR UP outcomes have shown positive student gains for participating students (e.g. students graduate from high school at a higher rate than their peers - regardless of ethnicity or income - and attend college at a higher rate).
Where can I find GEAR UP Information?
- C.E. King Middle School- Room #306
- Null Middle School- Room #311B
- C.E. King High School- College and Career Center
For more information and resources for your student and how GEAR UP can help, please visit https://www.texasgearup.com/
How will GEAR UP help my student?
- Advising with every 7-12th grader every year
- Academic Tutoring
- Financial Aid information and resources
- College Trips
- College Exploration
- Summer School
- Access to Dual Credit Courses and Advanced Placement Courses
- Parent and Community Events
- AND MUCH MORE!