The Sheldon ISD Board of Trustees has launched a formal process to seek the next superintendent of our school district. The Board is conducting a confidential search, and all application materials will remain confidential. Only the name of the lone finalist will be released.
Sheldon ISD offers a great opportunity to be at the helm of a forward-thinking and innovative district alongside a Board that is dedicated to a positive climate and culture where students and staff will excel. The superintendent will serve a diverse student population of approximately 11,000 students in 2 early childhood academies, 6 elementary schools, 2 middle schools, 2 high schools (1 - senior high (11th/12th graders) and 1 - 9th/10th grade campus), and 1 alternative high school. Sheldon ISD is a fast-growth school district that enjoys a diverse student population and strong community partnerships in northeast Houston.
The Sheldon ISD Board of Trustees seeks a servant leader with a record of successful leadership and the capacity necessary to advance this district to its next level of excellence.
It is expected that a regionally competitive compensation package will be offered. Screening begins in early March and the district hopes to announce the next SISD superintendent by May 2023. The new superintendent is expected to begin no later than July 1, 2023.
The Sheldon ISD Board of Trustees is seeking an educational leader to serve as the Superintendent of Schools. The successful candidate must possess the following characteristics and qualifications:
- A valid Texas Superintendent Certification;
- Experience as a teacher and campus administrator with a minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience in central administration; Superintendent experience preferred;
- A respected professional educator with the ability to recruit and maintain quality staff to ensure student success;
- An excellent communicator with a reputation as an open, approachable, ethical, and enthusiastic leader with the ability to listen to others and foster a climate of mutual trust and respect;
- A dynamic leader with experience working with or leading a diverse student population, who is committed to embrace and educate all students in Sheldon ISD;
- A professional educator with a strong background in student performance success, innovative programs, and CTE programs who is knowledgeable in developing and utilizing curriculum and assessment that is consistent with reform requirements at the local/state/national levels;
- Experience with the execution of a bond program and construction projects;
- A visionary leader with proven success who is committed to Sheldon ISD, demonstrates active involvement in the district and community;
- An innovative problem solver who is committed to work in partnership with the Board of Trustees, staff, students, parents, and community to build a climate of transparency, mutual trust, and cooperation;
- An effective leader with the ability to motivate staff and students, bolster morale and generate enthusiasm while still successfully establishing, delegating, and maintaining authority to hold staff accountable;
- A skilled supervisor of employees at all levels, including the ability to grow employees through effective coaching, goal setting and evaluation while utilizing the components of effective personnel policies, procedures, and practices;
- A responsible supervisor knowledgeable in school finance and budget management, who demonstrates appropriate planning and decision-making practices; and
- An energetic individual who possesses excellent interpersonal, communication, and political skills to assume an active leadership role in the city, region and state on funding, infrastructure and other education-related issues while handling the challenges of student success.
|Salary||Competitive and commensurate with experience|
|Residence Requirement||No residence requirement, but must reside within a reasonable distance|
|Application Deadline||March 17, 2023|
|Select Candidates to Interview||Week of March 20-24, 2023|
|Round One Interview Dates||Week of April 3-7, 2023|
|Round Two Interviews of One or Two Candidates||Week of April 10-14, 2023|
|Board Names Lone Finalist||April 18, 2023|
|Board Votes to Hire Lone Finalist||May 16, 2023|
|Preferred Start Date||TBD|
All applications will be treated confidentially and only the Lone Finalist will be revealed. Applicants are not to contact any members of the Board of Trustees. The final selection and appointment are the sole responsibilities of the Board of Trustees.
For all inquiries, please contact Dr. King Davis: [email protected] (346-313-4545)
In accordance with Title IX, the district does not discriminate on the basis of sex and is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities. The requirement not to discriminate extends to employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX may be referred to the district’s Title IX coordinator, to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education, or both. Inquiries about the application of Title IX to employment should be referred to Title IX Coordinator, James Webster, Assistant Superintendent of Support Services, [email protected] 281-727-2000.
Candidates who are interested in applying, please click the link below to begin the application process.