The facility will be located adjacent to C.E. King High School. The design for capacity will accommodate an enrollment of approximately 2,500 9th and 10th students. The senior campus will serve 11th and 12th grade students, as well as all high school students enrolled in career and technical programs.
Once the new facility has opened, the current 9th Grade Campus will revert back to its original purpose as the Sheldon Education and Community Center. This center would serve as a building for the community with a mobile health unit in partnership with Harris County Public Health as well as opportunities for adult and community education courses.
Construction is on schedule for the additions at Null Middle School and Cravens Early Childhood Academy. Construction is expected to be completed prior to the start of the 2024-25 school year. Cravens ECA will receive eight additional classroom spaces, and Null Middle School will receive ten. The additional classrooms will accommodate campus enrollment growth.
Additional projects from the 2022 bond election have started and include:
- All elementary schools will receive playground renovations and replacements this spring.
- A roof assessment assessment has been completed and repairs and renovations to facilities will begin this summer.
- New fencing around schools will be installed beginning this spring for added measures of safety.
- Design work has been completed with Exhibit Concepts for both Early Childhood Academies for the pre-kindergarten Fueling Brains classrooms. Classrooms are featured in a variety of thematic designs geared toward generating creativity to make learning exciting for our younger students.
- The FFA Agricultural Barn will receive new fencing, lighting, building repairs that will assist with upkeep of animals, roof renovations, and more.
- Additional safety and security enhancements will begin in 2024 and include security camera upgrades, new fencing around schools, traffic gates, and door security upgrades.
- In February, the track at Crenshaw Stadium will receive repair work, with a new scoreboard and sound system to complement the new lights installed earlier this school year.
- Additionally the bleachers in the girls’ gymnasium at King Middle School will be replaced this year. These items are funded with bond money from 2016.
Follow along our construction progress on our website at www.sheldonisd.com.