Menchie's Frozen Yogurt off Wallisville Road (across the street from Wal-Mart) is donating 60 percent of all its sales to the C. E. King Band on Wednesday, Sept. 27! The owner said he wanted to give back...and he's only keeping 40 percent in order to pay for his employees working that day.
Thank you so much, Menchie's! Please support them on Wednesday!
Due to Hurricane Harvey, Sheldon ISD administrators have just modified its school year calendar to stay in accordance with state guidelines. Therefore, Tuesday, Sept. 26 there will be no early release at any of our campuses.
Sheldon ISD has created a special web page with specific information regarding every campus as students prepare to return to school beginning the week of Sept. 18.
- Please click the headline for additional information -
We are excited that our students will be returning to school next week. Due to the extent of the damage at several of our campuses, we will begin some schools on Monday, Sept. 18; Wednesday, Sept. 20; and Thursday, Sept. 21. Please listen carefully for the start dates and times for your child’s campus:
- On Monday, Sept. 18, the following campuses will begin school: Carroll Elementary, Garrett Elementary, Monahan Elementary, and Royalwood Elementary. The new hours will be from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Cravens ECA will also begin on Monday, and its new hours will be from 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- On Wednesday, Sept. 20, Sheldon Elementary will open at its temporary site - Royalwood Church with new hours from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sheldon ECA Pre-K students will attend Cravens ECA from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and our Sheldon ECA kindergarten students will be welcomed by our elementary campuses with the same times of 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Additional information regarding which campus your kindergartner will attend will be provided in the next few days.
- On Thursday, Sept. 21, our secondary campuses will return to school. Parents will receive more details about the location and start/end times within the next few days.
We appreciate your support and flexibility as this is a challenging time for all of us. We will continue to keep you updated with important information, so please be prepared for more frequent callouts within the next few days. As always, the driving force behind our final decision remains to be the overall safety and security of our students and staff.
Thank you so much for your continued patience.
Athletes from C. E. King High School's freshmen, JV, and varsity football teams will travel to Westfield on Friday for their second scrimmage of the season. The freshman scrimmage begins at 4:30 p.m., JV at 5:30 p.m. followed by the varsity at 7 p.m.
- KHS / ECAs (Start - 7:10 a.m.; End - 2:40 p.m.)
- KASE (Early Session Start - 7:10 a.m.; End - 11:10 a.m.; Afternoon Session Start - 11:40 a.m.; End - 3:40 p.m.)
- Elementary Schools (Start - 7:45 a.m.; End - 3:15 p.m.)
- Middle Schools (Start - 8:10 a.m.; End - 3:45 p.m.)
- ECHS - 7:10 a.m. - 2:40 p.m.
School Zone traffic laws go into effect for start of school year.
School starts in just a few days, and the Sheldon Independent School District administrators want to take this opportunity to remind drivers to follow the school zone traffic laws when driving in or near a school.
Thank you in advance to our friends at Royalwood Church (and its affiliates) for sponsoring a "Back 2 School Weekend" concert, games, and backpack giveaway.
Please note that only 500 backpacks stuffed with school supplies will be given away beginning Aug. 19 at 10 a.m.
Although Sheldon ISD's student dress codes did not change from school last year, the 2017-18 documents are now ready for downloading/viewing.