IMPORTANT HEALTH BENEFIT INFORMATION
Employees hired for the 2012-2013 school year will be eligible for health benefits the month following their start date. Employees must return the enrollment information no later than July 31. New Hires will need to print and complete benefit enrollment information under Part A of your new hire paperwork. For details about health plan options please view the SISD website, Personnel Services, employee benefits.
Employees of Sheldon I. S. D. are eligible to participate in the following group plans:
TRS ActiveCare (Blue Cross and Blue Shield)
- This is a PPO plan
- Provider list can be located at bcbstx.com/trs
Ameritas Life Insurance Corp.- dental and/or eye coverage
- A preferred dental provider
- The provider list can be located at ameritasgroup.com/member
Note: All insurance cards will be mailed by the carrier 10 days after the effective date.
Basic/Term Life insurance
The District will provide $10,000 in basic life to all employees. Employees interested in additional life insurance are required to complete the enrollment form and are allowed up to five times their annual earnings, not to exceed $100,000, in life coverage. Dependents are eligible for half of the elected amount. It is still necessary to complete the life insurance form for basic coverage and beneficiary designation regardless of other enrollment.
Sheldon I. S. D. makes available the following benefits through our third party administrator, First Financial Group:
- American Fidelity Long Term Disability Insurance
- American Fidelity Cancer
- Allstate Heart and Stroke
- Texas Life Permanent Life Insurance
- American Fidelity Long Term Care Insurance
- Ameritas Dental
- Ameritas VSP Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts - unreimbursed medical to $2,400