Course: Spanish 1
Teacher: Ruth Lagunas
Welcome to Spanish 1! I am very excited for the year that is in store. As an educator, it is important for me to provide as much information and aid that will help you succeed in Spanish class. My goal for this year is not to only teach you a foreign language, but also help instill high standards for yourself, discipline, responsibility, and respect.
-pen or pencil, No highlighters or Sharpies allowed to write your work with.
1. RESPECT is the most essential and important rule for class and life in general. Respect yourself, others, expectations, and your surroundings.
2. Absolutely no gum, food, drinks, candy, electronic devices will be allowed. If you are caught using these items, they will be confiscated and the proper measures will be taken.
3. Classroom is to be kept neat and clean.
4. Fighting, bullying, and profanity are prohibited and will not be tolerated.
5. The teacher’s desk and belongings are off limits. Please do not open or remove any items from the desk or cabinets without permission.
What will you learn?
-Basic Spanish vocabulary
-Ar, Er, & Ir verbs and conjugating
-Ser vs. Estar
-words: Ir, Dar, & Estar
Your grade is earned, not given! Your grade will be an average between daily and major grades. You will be expected to take a midterm in December covering all of the information taught from the first semester. There will be a final at the end of the school year covering all of the information taught in the second half of the semester.